Bound
I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD!" Our feet are standing within your gates, O Jerusalem. Jerusalem built as a city that is bound firmly together. -Psalm 122:1-3, New Revised Standard Version
Other translations of this verse use the word joined or compact instead of bound. What experiences have bound you to something or someone? What people and places have built you into the person you are today? What memories do you join together to keep you going when you need encouragement?
Before I slid out of bed this morning, I checked my e-mail. It's pathetic, but I am bound to my iPhone (iPad, any technology). When I read today's posting from Rethink Church, I wondered how I was going to write about bound (joined or compact). I think the word they're really looking for is bond. What bond do you have that keeps you going? Also, since Advent is a time of looking forward, I'm not sure that the question about memories is fitting for an Advent post... just saying. Yep. I just rewrote their post.
It's seems a bit pathetic to be bound to technology during this time of Advent. Technology is too commercial for the season. In reality, it is what keeps me bound to loved ones. My phone is the bond that keeps me in touch with those who are away during this season of joy. Without texting, blogging, e-mail, and Instagram, I am not able to stay in touch and be part of the lives of those who are not living in my city. Honestly, it also makes it easy to keep the bond with those friends and loved ones during this busy season. Soooo... I'm bound to technology because it keeps the bond with my loved ones.
I also think this quote from Facebook is also fitting:
"On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%, and that's pretty good."
I also think this quote from Facebook is also fitting:
"On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%, and that's pretty good."

Comments
And I also love technology, as you know.