Today as I drove into worked I was irritated by the sign on the crazy house's lawn. I'm used to seeing crazy republican signs, but today's sign mentioning public taxes made me tense. My concentration was on the public taxes, as opposed to private taxes. Since it was the start of the day, I knew I should relax before I started to teach. When I opened my email, a fellow colleague emailed me about the sign. It seems I was so upset about the ignorance of public taxes that I missed the misspelling of school. At least it wasn't spelled skool. Obviously, school didn't work out so well for the sign maker.
When I went to vote tonight, I failed to follow directions and voted for two people in one column instead of the required one. The new voting machine spit it back out and described my error. I was able to put my ballot in the spoiled ballot folder and obtain a new ballot. As I apologized profusely for not following directions, the machine attendant explained in the past my ballot wouldn't have counted, and I wouldn't have known. The new technology allows my vote to count. Thanks technology!
Plus, two yellow labs (absolute beauties) were tied up to a poll as I entered the voting location. I gave them numerous pets and kind words while I told them I was going to steal them. They loved me and wanted me to steal the. I could tell by their smiles and wagging tales. When their owner came and found me talking to her dogs, the dogs were disappointed that they weren't going home with me.

Comments
Maybe you could have introduced the dog sharing concept to the lab owner. that could be a win win situation.