The morning started with a beautiful sunrise and breakfast with a high school friend. We solved some of the problems in the midwest, but you may not have noticed our efforts. After breakfast I took my book of American Indian trickster tales to read while I was having my hair colored. This was a wasted effort, and I knew it when I took the book into the salon because I always spend the entire time chatting and catching up. Knowing this, I still took it because I really need to figure out what trickster tales I plan on using. I only read a couple of pages (not even a full tale) while my color was being mixed. When it was time to pay I set the book on a chair, so I could get my phone and wallet out of my purse. Upon arriving back in Minneapolis, I realized I had left the book on the chair.
Immediately, I checked to see if there was another copy at the library. No. Next, I checked Magers and Quinn (the local bookstore). No. The Barnes and Noble within walking distance was my next option. Although they didn't have a copy, they informed me that The Galleria had a copy, but I should call first to make sure they still had one in stock. Crap. I called The Galleria location and was informed that they had one, and it would be waiting behind the counter for me.
M- It's behind the counter, right inside the door?
B&N- Yes.
M- I can come right in and pick it up. Thanks.
B&N- Well, if there's a line, you will need to wait your turn in line.
Really?! Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't have realized that I had to stand in the line if there was a line. 1) I hate Barnes and Noble. 2) I hate the Galleria. 3) I hate Black Friday. 4) I hate ignorant people. 5) I hate standing in line. To be honest, I'm hoping that I can read and copy what I need and return it. Is this bad?

Comments