I'm thankful this is a short work week, only two days with students. Tomorrow is a workshop day, but I called in sick. It's legitimate; I'm really sick. Maybe it was the stress of preparing for Boston and the end of the trimester. More likely, it's the lack of sleep and frigid temperatures. At any rate, I feel like crap. In fact, now that I've made my Animoto video of Boston, I feel I can go to bed. Before I go to bed, however, I would like to share the kindness of this week (well, last two days). Monday I was greeted with a box of mini candy canes. I love candy canes especially when I can fit the entire candy cane in my mouth and talk to my honors class. Yes, it really happened although the students weren't really impressed. I, of course, was impressed by the candy canes. Monday also brought random people asking me about the conference. One teacher even came up to me a bit surprised that I had presented without sharing it with the staff (I'm not really the boastful type). Today, I was sick and chilled. A colleague not only asked me how I was doing but went to buy me soup for lunch. When she left it on my desk, I was so thankful for her kindness. Then I looked up to realize she had also brought me a bottle of Vitamin Water... so kind and thoughtful. I have the best friends and colleagues!
I'm thankful this is a short work week, only two days with students. Tomorrow is a workshop day, but I called in sick. It's legitimate; I'm really sick. Maybe it was the stress of preparing for Boston and the end of the trimester. More likely, it's the lack of sleep and frigid temperatures. At any rate, I feel like crap. In fact, now that I've made my Animoto video of Boston, I feel I can go to bed. Before I go to bed, however, I would like to share the kindness of this week (well, last two days). Monday I was greeted with a box of mini candy canes. I love candy canes especially when I can fit the entire candy cane in my mouth and talk to my honors class. Yes, it really happened although the students weren't really impressed. I, of course, was impressed by the candy canes. Monday also brought random people asking me about the conference. One teacher even came up to me a bit surprised that I had presented without sharing it with the staff (I'm not really the boastful type). Today, I was sick and chilled. A colleague not only asked me how I was doing but went to buy me soup for lunch. When she left it on my desk, I was so thankful for her kindness. Then I looked up to realize she had also brought me a bottle of Vitamin Water... so kind and thoughtful. I have the best friends and colleagues!
Comments
ps. Could not see the vimeo.