![]() |
| Not exact power washer but dang close... |
Some days I get nothing done while other days, like today, I am a powerful task completer. After the farmers' market, I decided to skip the gym and start with my list of tasks. The most notable task completion today was power washing the garage floor. My garage floor was gross. When I went to my car or to the freezer without shoes, my feet would be black. Only a few steps taken in bare feet on my garage floor would leave dirt and grime and...
A friend let me borrow her power washer and gave me instructions on its use. First, never, never, never start it without having the water hooked up first. Next, turn it on, pull the choke, then pull the cord to start the machine. I took these directions seriously. Not only did I repeat them multiple times when she told me, I also put them in the notes of my phone. Before starting the wonderful red power washer, I looked over the notes again. I even went to buy a new hose to make sure there was enough pressure to the power washer. As she had told me it started with only a couple of pulls on the cord, but when I grabbed the wand, no water came out. Immediately, I shut the red machine off realizing I had connected the hose, but the water wasn't on. Drats! I turned the water on and tried to start it again, but it would not start. Dang! Fearing I had totally ruined the machine I called my "go to" in emergency or when I do dumb things (often to quite often) friend. With her (and some help from her hubby) guidance, I was able to start the power washer.
Without giving any more mundane details, I would like to say that using the power washer today (garage floor, rugs, trash can...) was exhilarating. Basically, I was wet head to toe (from sweating in the humid garage and from the spray) and smiling the entire time. In the moment, if anyone had wanted me to power wash their garage, I would have gladly taken on the task. Of course there was also sweeping prior to the power washing and sweeping the access water which wasn't necessarily equally exhilarating, but I have a clean (at least cleaner) garage floor (plus, I changed all the filters in the house, chatted with the exterminator, did some laundry, finished a book, made a Target and Ace Hardware run, grilled steak for additional iron, and took out the garbage... although I did make a list of school related tasks that needed to be done before Tuesday, I didn't do anything with the list... sometimes merely making a list is enough).

Comments
My sister just had an accident on her deck with a power washer. She accidentally washed a table that had a glass top and broke all the glass. She didn't do it intentionally, but it reinforces that the power washer must be respected at all times. And so does your post.