I've talked to several colleagues this summer. It seems many have been at school working in their rooms this past week. When I looked at our workshop week schedule, I couldn't help but notice most of the time to work in our rooms came after open house. First, let me say this is absolute bullshit! Teachers want their room to be presentable for open house. This means they feel the necessity (guilt) to get their room prepared prior to workshop. A logical solution would be to schedule the work in the room times prior to workshop... duh! Anyway, today I was feeling guilty about my lack of room preparation and decided to go in early. As I entered my room, armed with multiple containers of wipes, I was pleasantly surprised. The desks in my room actually looked presentable and didn't need to be wiped. After spending a couple of hours, I made a bit of a dent and felt pleased with my progress. Part of my room decor is having plants in the back of my room. Kmart provided me with some cheap new plants to add to the plants that survived last year and the summer. A warm afternoon was perfect for repotting the group. Tomorrow they will be moved from the deck to their new home, and I will not be the only one not to have entered their class when workshop week officially starts.
I've talked to several colleagues this summer. It seems many have been at school working in their rooms this past week. When I looked at our workshop week schedule, I couldn't help but notice most of the time to work in our rooms came after open house. First, let me say this is absolute bullshit! Teachers want their room to be presentable for open house. This means they feel the necessity (guilt) to get their room prepared prior to workshop. A logical solution would be to schedule the work in the room times prior to workshop... duh! Anyway, today I was feeling guilty about my lack of room preparation and decided to go in early. As I entered my room, armed with multiple containers of wipes, I was pleasantly surprised. The desks in my room actually looked presentable and didn't need to be wiped. After spending a couple of hours, I made a bit of a dent and felt pleased with my progress. Part of my room decor is having plants in the back of my room. Kmart provided me with some cheap new plants to add to the plants that survived last year and the summer. A warm afternoon was perfect for repotting the group. Tomorrow they will be moved from the deck to their new home, and I will not be the only one not to have entered their class when workshop week officially starts.
.jpg)
Comments
I have desks which constantly move.... groups of 2, 3, 4, larger circles.... I like the flexibility.