This morning I had to go to the dentist for three precautionary fillings. They've (I see whatever dentist of the four is available) been watching the space between my teeth and gums for several years. During my last visit, they decided I needed three fillings at the base of my tooth to prevent cavities or rotting or... IDK. When I scheduled the fillings, I made sure to get a female dentist since I have a small mouth (not vocal cords, but actual size), and typically women dentist have smaller fingers. My female dentist (super young) came in and explained the procedure. I must have seemed nervous because she asked if I had ever had Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) during a procedure. "I don't know... maybe," I replied. Her questions continued, "Are you nervous about today?" Oops, maybe I should have used a filter to answer, "It's a nice day outside, and I don't want to waste my entire day." Quickly she decided that I didn't need gas. Our conversation was over (yay), and she started the procedure. When I started grabbing at the paper around my neck, she stopped and asked if I was OK. Both sides of my lower mouth were numb by now, so I did my best to explain that I was merely reaching for my headphones to increase the volume. This relaxed her, and my day was not completely ruined.
I'm listening to My Antonia for book club. Since I read it a long, long time ago, it's like reading it for the first time. It's more beautiful than I remember which is good because I remember it being painfully boring. Good news both the book and the dentist visit are (are/were) less painful than I anticipated.
I also bought tickets today for the Harkin Steak Fry. Tom Harking (Iowa Democrat) will retire after this term. He has held this steak fry for thirty-six years. This year Joe Biden and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro will be speaking. My hope for September 15th and the steak fry is that Joe Biden sits down at a local pub for a beer with me. If this happens, my day won't be completely ruined.

Comments
I'm glad the dentistry went well.
Readability had a really good article about her that I read recently. I'll see if I can find it.