Once a month I meet with three ladies in a Sabbath group that started during Lent at our church. One of the ladies sent an email about Oprah and Deepak Chopra's meditation challenge. Since it had a set time limit and the word challenge, I thought I'd give it a try. Today's centering thought: Today I am open to the presence of miracles. It started with meditation and repeating the mantra, om. Om is a universal sound that connects us to the universe. Yep, I was lost at this point. Basically, the idea is to meditate for fifteen minutes on being open to the presence of miracles, repeating the mantra when needed. The truth is that I don't do well with meditation and will probably not make it on this miraculous journey. I was only able to concentrate for about five minutes. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow. Obviously, I need to learn to be quiet with myself.
Once a month I meet with three ladies in a Sabbath group that started during Lent at our church. One of the ladies sent an email about Oprah and Deepak Chopra's meditation challenge. Since it had a set time limit and the word challenge, I thought I'd give it a try. Today's centering thought: Today I am open to the presence of miracles. It started with meditation and repeating the mantra, om. Om is a universal sound that connects us to the universe. Yep, I was lost at this point. Basically, the idea is to meditate for fifteen minutes on being open to the presence of miracles, repeating the mantra when needed. The truth is that I don't do well with meditation and will probably not make it on this miraculous journey. I was only able to concentrate for about five minutes. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow. Obviously, I need to learn to be quiet with myself.

Comments