Skip to main content

World War Z: The Learning #22


I don't go to movies although I did start watching some documentaries while on the treadmill.  In fact, I could probably count on one hand the movies I've seen in the theater in the last ten years... truthfully.  For some reason, I wanted to see World War Z.  1) I've heard good things about the movie (LH said awesome things as did others).  2) Brad Pitt directed and acted in the movie  3) IDK... what was I thinking?  Anyway, my pal J, and I planned an outing to the movie.  1) We searched the movie times (on Thursday... important to note).  2) We decided on a place for an early dinner before (People's Organic).  3) We figured the time that would give us time to eat, converse, relax, and make it to the movie on time.  Yea us!!  Everything worked out perfectly with enough time to purchase a cookie at Good Earth.  As we entered the movie theater a perfect fifteen minutes before the movie started at 5:40, we realized movie times had changes since Thursday.  World War Z started at 7:50 not 5:40.  DANG!!  First lesson learned, check the movie times.  Movie times change on Friday... who knew?!  Neither of us are shoppers, so hanging out in the mall for over an hour was interesting, but I learned from my experience.  1) Some people pay $120 for jeans (thanks Lucky Brand store... although they are coming out with new jeans that will be entirely made in the US of A).  2) See See Chocolates give free samples.  3) Southdale isn't a happening place on Friday evening (probably a good time to shop if you indeed are going to shop).  4) When I get a new iPad, I'm going to get an iPad Mini (Yep, we probably spent an hour talking to the peeps in the Apple Store).

As for World War Z, in the first ten minutes, I thought I had made a huge mistake... too many zombies crashing into windows and explosions.  Of course I knew it wouldn't be super realistic (it is a movie about zombies), I had expected something different, something more like the ending of the movie.  I did like the ending although it was a bit contrived.  During the movie I learned about zombies.  If you're not sure if you are around the zombie, check their mouth... they move their mouth like a chipmunk would.   Overall, the movie was good but it was supes long and expensive.  It's a good reminder that I shouldn't go to the movie theater to watch a movie unless I really, really, really, really want to see it.

BTW- Brad Pitt and Matt Damon (who was not in the movie, but should have been) are still my two favorite actors.

Comments

LH said…
Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Going to the summer
Blockbusters is grand.

Enjoyed this post.....
KC said…
I am catching up on your learning. I knew you'd rock this challenge! Chiming in to say that Matty D is my fave too.

Popular posts from this blog

Sankalpa Day 5

Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa .  "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal."  My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active.  Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside.  December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity.  I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food).  Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country .  President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" .  Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group.  The...

What if... The Delivery

  Molly was excited to get a package from her friend who lives in Alaska.  When she opened the box, she was confused.  Although the shirt was actually soft and of good quality, she was upset by the guns in the flag.  When she googled Holster's, it was exactly what she thought... pro-gun.  She didn't know how to handle the situation, so she sent a picture stating she was confused. Her friend had obviously lost her mind.  During the conversation, she kept proclaiming that she hadn't sent a t-shirt.  When Molly explained it was her writing on the box, things became weird.  The friend was in a state of denial.  Molly even sent a text with a picture of the writing on the box. Molly's friend was adamant that she sent homemade condiments.  She wouldn't give up on her story even though it was clear Molly is in possession of an NRA type t-shirt.  After much deliberation, the two friends realized what had happened.  The original box, wit...

Missing You

Two Sundays ago I missed church because I was out of town. Last Sunday I missed church because I could not get to church due to the marathon (blocking my path... not my running). Dad and I tried to leave early, but we did not leave early enough. I joked with Dad about the fact that they would miss me at church. When I checked my e-mail this evening, I actually had an e-mail from my pastor saying I was missed. It was a short e-mail, but it was sweet and definitely a positive part of my day.