Yesterday morning while I was on my way from Okoboji to Sioux Falls (to hang with some friends), I learned that I had no power (and it had been out since the previous evening). Throughout the day I kept texting to see if the power had returned (negative). Driving back to Minneapolis, I passed five power trucks (and some pickup trucks) from Casper, Wyoming. I gave each truck driver an enthusiastic wave and a thumbs up. On the drive I also made plans to store my freezer contents in a friends' freezer (People really are nice to me!). Last night when I was almost to her house, I received a text saying power had returned. It may not be factual, but I LEARNED that waving at men in power trucks helps gets your power returned. Another thing I learned was losing power is a great time to defrost and clean one's freezer. This morning I had another lesson from the storm. Sometimes trees fall on paths that lead to where you want to go (Tree on path to Greenway = not biking to gym). It may not be factual, but I LEARNED if one skips church to go to the gym, bad things (like trees blocking ones path) happen. The last lesson is that internet was returned this morning, and I can survive (if I have my smart phone) for at least twelve hours without internet.
Yesterday morning while I was on my way from Okoboji to Sioux Falls (to hang with some friends), I learned that I had no power (and it had been out since the previous evening). Throughout the day I kept texting to see if the power had returned (negative). Driving back to Minneapolis, I passed five power trucks (and some pickup trucks) from Casper, Wyoming. I gave each truck driver an enthusiastic wave and a thumbs up. On the drive I also made plans to store my freezer contents in a friends' freezer (People really are nice to me!). Last night when I was almost to her house, I received a text saying power had returned. It may not be factual, but I LEARNED that waving at men in power trucks helps gets your power returned. Another thing I learned was losing power is a great time to defrost and clean one's freezer. This morning I had another lesson from the storm. Sometimes trees fall on paths that lead to where you want to go (Tree on path to Greenway = not biking to gym). It may not be factual, but I LEARNED if one skips church to go to the gym, bad things (like trees blocking ones path) happen. The last lesson is that internet was returned this morning, and I can survive (if I have my smart phone) for at least twelve hours without internet.


Comments