| 90º at 7:18pm.... so thankful to know the pollen cast is high... really! |
Today the temperature rose to 98º (98 dry delightful degrees). Instead of enjoying the weather or going to the gym, I'm sitting in my house contemplating taking drugs and going to bed (at 7:18 pm). It seems as though I'm asking for you to feel sorry for me, but I love the weather and will fight the allergies. In fact, I even had a wonderful surprise on this glorious day. My dad called at lunch and asked if he could take me out for dinner since he was driving through town. On the way to dinner, I amused him with the story of today's seventh grade "girl fight" explaining how one girl's mom held her daughter's books and commanded her daughter to go get the other girl in the halls of our middle school. Even with my creativity (not really) and wit (totally), he knew I couldn't possibly invent the story. To further my description, I even drew the map on our table while we enjoyed happy hour (best time to take a daughter out for dinner... just saying). This isn't the only gift I gave my dear dad. I also spit out the phlegm (greenish, yellowish, thick mucous) and showed it to him in the tissue. As I did it, I commented on what a lady I had become making all of this happen in my dress. Don't worry, I did this in the car and not at the table... geesh... what kind of lady do you think I am. He still bought dinner, so he couldn't have been too freaked out. The joys of being my dad. At least he has stories to tell his girlfriend when he calls her this evening. TMI? Perhaps!
Comments