For some reason, I've had difficulty blogging lately. Maybe it's my ho-hum life. No one wants to hear about my allergies, work-outs and/or numerous hours of school work.
It's time, however, for me to throw something out there.
It's time for me to start seeing my neighbors again. Even though the green grass, budding trees and sprouting flowers cause me pain and suffering, there is NOTHING better than spring. Returning from my bike ride, I was greeted by the wagging tail of Senator, one of my favorite neighbors, and his mom. We conversed about how people without dogs like myself hibernate most of the winter and then finally decide to make an appearance once it gets warm out.
It's also time for Minnesota to join Iowa (and a few other states) by legalizing same sex marriage. Friday I attended Happy Hour with several colleagues. One was excited about the house voting for same sex marriage and continued clinking glasses in celebration. Jokingly I said, "Soon they'll think they're the same as us." Everyone at the table, of course, knew I was joking, but in a way it's the truth. Maybe this is finally a way of saying, "We're truly all the same and should be treated fairly." Of course, I never have understood the other side of the issue. I'm certain same sex marriage will have no affect on my life other than it makes me proud of my two home states (Minnesota and Iowa).
It's also time for a new blogging challenge... just saying... any ideas... I do better with a extrinsic motivation.

Comments