New Video: Prince 'Fix Ur Life Up'
Yep, I've been playing Prince all weekend. Fix Ur Life Up is one of his new songs. I appreciate the message and may use it when I briefly talk about music/lyrics/messages during my media literacy unit. Unfortunately, I am only able to spend a brief time on each type of media since I never have enough days at the end of the year, but it's also a great way to end the year because it engages the students and makes them think even as the days dwindle. Currently, I use this link when I talk about music. This year I think I'm going to add the Prince video. I'll have time to consider since I have to spend the next three days in the computer lab testing the kids (again... MAP testing... Measures of Academic Progress... Yeah, this will go well after a three day weekend with only two weeks remaining). Maybe I think too highly of my curriculum, but I think media literacy is more important than three more days of testing. Perhaps education also needs to Fix Ur Life Up.

Comments
I love that you teach media literacy.
I think I will teach media literacy when I go back to teaching in a bit.