![]() |
| 04.18.13 Poor Robin in Snowy Tree |
Today was another Poem in Your Pocket Day. I was super impressed that the majority of the students had their own poems in their pockets. The weather sucks. Even though the day started out gloomy, students were excited about their poems and happy to get candy when they had a poem in their pocket. The weather sucks. During one class a student asked me if I had read the poem To This Day. When I asked her about it, she told me to find it on Youtube. The weather sucks. Basically it was a quiet day, so I waited until lunch to take a look at it. Why do I spend as much time as I do teaching poetry? It's obvious because kids get excited, kids have to think, kids write, and kids learn lessons that they could only find searching for poems. The weather sucks.
This was also Day 18 of #30daysofbiking. Even though the snow was coming down and the wind was blowing (18 mph), I decided to give this snow biking thing a try. Perhaps my belief that Minneapolis clears off the bike trails before the road is false because the bike trail was not clear, but the roads weren't clear either. This weather sucks. I did learn that starting in wet snow and trying to pedal out is difficult to impossible. As I attempted this by my house on the trail, another biker taking a break, under the bridge, seemed to be smirking at me. This weather sucks. Once I was under the bridge where it was merely wet, I was able to get enough traction to make my way down the path, only to be passed by another biker. After pedaling against the wind and in at least an inch of snow for about .5 miles, I gave up and went back home. This weather sucks. It was a colossal fail, but technically, I have ridden each day in April.
Living in Minnesota, it is my belief one can only complain about one season. One can't be irritated when it's too cold and when it's too hot. This weather sucks. My belief is pick the season and enjoy the rest. I choose winter. Winter is my least favorite season. Although the calendar says it's spring, and the poor robin has come back for spring, the snow says differently. This weather sucks. I'm considering it winter and will quit complaining when the real spring makes an appearance because this weather sucks.

Comments