Today I learned of Silence Snake from a student.
Typically, I close my fingers to my thumb to get a couple students in the class silent, and it actually works. Although I'm not quite sure how it all came about, I looked up the silence snake while the students were working. Next, I played the video for the class and told them I was going to make or buy my own puppet. At this point, I actually called the quiet room to see if they had a sock. They didn't, but the students informed me that I could get a sock from the nurse. The nurse kindly gave me a sock. As the students worked, I walked around the room with the plain white sock. We never had sock puppets as a child, and I was having difficulties figuring out how to make the mouth with the sock... sad but true. Luckily, it was the last class before my prep hour, so I was able to go next door and get help with my sock puppet. The incredible J helped me make a puppet. Nope, the incredible J made my sock puppet and showed me how to work the mouth as I watched. My addition was using Sharpies to color the mouth purple and the body green. I can't wait for tomorrow's class. How can the students not be impressed with my new silence snake?!
Comments