I'm Going to Plant a Heart in the Earth
I'm going to plant a heart in the Earth
water it with love from a vein.
I'm going to praise it with the push of muscle
and care for it in the sound of all dimensions.
I'm going to leave a heart in the Earth
so it may grow and flower
a heart that throbs with longing
that adores everything green
that will be strength and nourishment for birds
that will be the sap of plants and mountains.
water it with love from a vein.
I'm going to praise it with the push of muscle
and care for it in the sound of all dimensions.
I'm going to leave a heart in the Earth
so it may grow and flower
a heart that throbs with longing
that adores everything green
that will be strength and nourishment for birds
that will be the sap of plants and mountains.
-- Rosario Murillo
Today I was able to work with a former colleague. We're presenting at a conference in Birmingham at the end of the week. I miss working with her... her concrete sequential self that keeps us on a straight line, our ability to finish each other's thoughts, the ability to finish each others ideas, a unique vision for our students and their voice... It was a great afternoon, and we are almost ready for this gig.
Since we spent the majority of the afternoon working, I put off my biking until the rain started to come. As I biked, it came a bit heavier, but it was 50º which made it all OK. After the last couple of rides in snow, I'm not going to complain about rain although perhaps I should have bought rain pants while I was at REI. Today was day 21 of #30daysofbiking... I got this!
Comments