For there is hope for a tree, if it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease. Though its root grows old in the earth, and its stump dies in the ground, yet at the scent of water it will bud and put forth branches like a young plant. - Job 14:7-9
Watch and wait with hope.
I think Lent ends today. While Lent is about contemplation and reflection, Easter is the time of rebirth. It's the hope. We sit and wait for Easter. Spring is also a time of rebirth. After being gone for a week, I was a bit disappointed to see the snow with not blooms or flowers in sight. It's coming, and I need to patiently wait. This isn't completely true. Blooms were to be received today. My dad (on his way through town) picked me up from the airport and took me out to a late lunch/early dinner. He brought a tulip plant which was blooming. More importantly, he brought malted milk Easter eggs... delightful. As I look at the bright yellow flowers I will remember the darkness of winter like the darkness of Lent is almost gone. "It will bud and put forth branches like a young plant."


Comments