![]() |
| Remnants of Winter |
I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. - Isaiah 43:19
How many of us are so comfortable with the way things are that we cannot perceive what God is doing or about to do in our midst? Whether that’s in our personal lives, at work or in out faith communities, how quick are we to say “We’ve never done it that way before?”
What new thing will you do so that you can perceive what God is doing in your midst?
I'm not sure what new thing I'm going to do to perceive God, but I do feel like we're making our way through the wilderness. More snow is predicted for tonight. This morning when I woke up it was 11º. The wilderness of winter has been long and perhaps overstayed it's welcome. Although the snow will cover the ugliness that remains of winter, I'm ready for spring. I will perceive God in my midst when the buds begin to sprout on the trees. Of course I have perceived the wonderful songs of the birds in the morning, but I would like to see some green that is not related to St. Patrick's Day.
![]() |
| Spring Buds '12 |


Comments
Bleh.