As February draws to a close, so does the Recap Challenge. Today I finished Gone Girl and the challenge. I'm not really sure how to recap the book without giving it away. Then again, I'm not really sure I would have the words to give it away if someone asked me.
Recap:
I'm not sure when I started the book, but since I finished Canada on Monday, I probably started it on Tuesday. At first I was reading it thirty minutes at a time on the elliptical gradually getting hooked into the inconceivable story. Last night I decided that I would be a better person if I merely read, so I did nothing but read the book. No, that's not true. The more I read, the more I wanted to know, so I continuously sent texts to a friend asking questions about the book. Unfortunately, the answer was always "Keep reading." At one point I even tried to read the last chapter and some stuff towards the end to see if I could figure it out. I really wish I still had the texts, so I could peruse (recap) my progress through the book. This morning I started reading again while on the treadmill. Actually, I was almost late for my BodyPump class because I needed to finish the chapter before I could quit. Instead of being productive, I finished the book this afternoon because I needed to know how it ended. Of course, I continued to send questions/comments via text, but always received, "Keep reading."
I'm a deleter, so I only have a portion of the conversation.
J: And?.....
M: And?
J: How's the book?
M: Messed up... I'm only 58% done. Part of me wants to blow everything off this afternoon and finish the darn thing.
J: It is one of those you can't stop reading.
M: Ridiculous
J: Can't wait til you get to the end
M: I'm glad yr enjoying this
J: Giggle giggle
M: 75% done... I think I asked this before, but did they plan this together???
J: Not Telling
J: Keep reading
M: Wtf?
J: ???? :)
M: Finished... Wtf
J: :)
M: I suppose it'd be difficult to explain that in a txt

Comments
J:)