1) I would have preferred a video with Billy Collins actually reading his poem. I ♥ Billy Collins.
2) This year, for the first time (literally), I actually like my honors class.
3) I am not a story teller, so "recap" is difficult.
4) Although we are supposed to get snow on Sunday, it is not going to cause a snow day.
Today's research went better because I made a Custom Google Search for the students. In fact, my last class of the day (honors) didn't really need any assistance. As I sat reading the news from my Google Reader, I announced that Monday was going to be a snow day.
"No school on Monday, snow day!" I announced with enthusiasm.
"Really?" a couple of students questioned and turned while most kept working. I shook my head no, but most were too busy working to notice.
"Really?" some of the others began turning around questioning.
"No. Of course we aren't having a snow day," I mentioned as I talked about what a great job I had because I was paid to play with them.
"Can't you make a snow day?" one young man questioned. Ahhh, if this were only true. Now I had the entire class off task thinking about the wonderful idea of a snow day on Monday. "You could make snow with a snow machine," he continued.
"I don't have a snow machine."
"The ski hills do."
"OK. I"ll steal a snow machine and make a snow day. Get back to work."
"You'll need more than one."
"I don't have a truck. I guess if I'm stealing snow machines, I can steal a truck." Officially most students are no longer taking notes. When the principal walks through, we share our idea. At first I claim it as my own, but M reminds me that I need to cite my source since it wasn't my idea. I give him credit and explain that I am prepared to make Monday a snow day. My guess is I absolutely wowed my principal with today's lesson.
Comments
I hope you get a ton of snow.