Yesterday I watched the movie Paperclips. I've got this movie thing figured out, at least when it comes to documentaries. My new plan is to watch part of the movie (at least 45 minutes when the gym isn't busy) on the treadmill. It's the perfect way to watch a movie. Paperclips is not the best movie for this activity, and I knew this before I went to the gym. I did it anyway and survived the first half with only four or five teary eyed incidents. The movie also reminded me of my prejudices as this white southern community came together for Holocaust victims and survivers. Would this community do the same thing for the Muslims? Will these kids be able to understand that the message should extend to the way we treat all people? I know it's horrible, but I had thoughts like this as I watched the movie. Other than those horrible thoughts, it was a uplifting, tear causing movie.
Yesterday I watched the movie Paperclips. I've got this movie thing figured out, at least when it comes to documentaries. My new plan is to watch part of the movie (at least 45 minutes when the gym isn't busy) on the treadmill. It's the perfect way to watch a movie. Paperclips is not the best movie for this activity, and I knew this before I went to the gym. I did it anyway and survived the first half with only four or five teary eyed incidents. The movie also reminded me of my prejudices as this white southern community came together for Holocaust victims and survivers. Would this community do the same thing for the Muslims? Will these kids be able to understand that the message should extend to the way we treat all people? I know it's horrible, but I had thoughts like this as I watched the movie. Other than those horrible thoughts, it was a uplifting, tear causing movie.
Comments