“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ~ Albert Einstein
If you are not following Anne Lamott on FB and/or Twitter, I feel that you are depriving yourself of a combination of wisdom and humor. She starts out today's post with "Remember when you were a child and everything was so amazing and new?"
One truth that has nothing to do with Sankalpa is that I've never been on a treadmill. In fact, treadmills kinda scare me. Today after my time on the elliptical, I decided to ask the trainer for instructions since the gym was fairly empty. Even though I'd already done my workout, I played around on the machine. It was "amazing and new". No really, it was fun and will be added to my workouts. It's not necessarily a miracle, but it will add something new to my workout. Doing the elliptical every time will get old by the end of February. Besides, what if "everything was a miracle," and I looked at everything like a child, "amazing and new?" Sankalpa seems like a practice that would embrace both of these attitudes.

Comments
Kudos to you on learning something new. That can be scary.