"And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been."
"Let life happen to you. Believe me: Life is in the right, always."
~Rainer Maria Rilke
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Today we celebrate a new year. I celebrate this new year by doing a quick review of the old year. Of course, I used my blog as the source of my review.
January- My first completely under surgery... A dear friend came to help me and other dear friends continued making sure all was going well.
February- I traveled to New York for my uncle's funeral. It felt good to be with family.
March- Do you remember that baseball blog challenge... now that was a challenge. I ended March and began April with a trip to Mexico.
April- April brought World Book Night and my opportunity to share free books with struggling readers.
May- MyFitnessPal became an integral part of my life in may forcing me to workout more and think about what I eat. A friend also passed in May bringing many of us together.
June- I traveled to Dallas with peeps from work. Of course I also made some trips to 'Boji. Plus, I bought my first ever bike helmet.
July- A friend and I traveled "Up North" to the Iron Range and Lake Superior. I spent a weekend "Praying with the Earth".
August- Joe Biden came to town in August, and I rode my bike downtown to see him. Old age also forced me to get spectacles.
September- Talking Volumes started in September, and this year's authors were awesome. The Fall Blog Challenge forced me to notice the beauty in my surroundings. I loved this challenge in September and October. Tom Harkin's Steak Fry also took place in September, and I drove to Iowa to hang out with the liberals.
October- Once again I traveled to August to help my dear friend and her husband with the visually impaired "Sports Extravaganza".
November- The weather made me realize that I needed warmer clothing and a bike light to continue my morning bike ride. My friends came over in November to repot my plants for my birthday.
December- My Christmas card was a colossal fail which is sad because I obviously kept myself busy in 2012. I'm going to say goodbye to this year and hope to have more pictures of myself during 2013.
January- I am letting goodbye of 2012. This is sankalpa (I think.)!
Comments
Love the Rilke quote.
On to the new.