![]() |
| http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/martin%20luther%20king%20jr?before=60 |
We shall overcome, we shall overcome,
We shall overcome someday;
Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe,
We shall overcome someday.
Today we celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in our worship service. As service was started with some of the words from the I Have a Dream speech, I was a bit teary eyed realizing the words that meant the most to me were the same the students picked out of their listening activity in class this week. Our scripture today (I Corinthians 12:4-1) discussed how we each had a gift to share for the greater good. The gift of the Spirit is in each of us. When we work together we are greater. Sankalpa allows us to realize our I Am. If only everyone could realize their I Am and work together for the greater good... May each of us be more than what we're called to be.
This Sankalpa challenge has been somewhat enlightening. After today's service, I realize that it's more than empowering my I Am and Letting Go of the rest, I need to use my strenghts for the "greater good." Day 24 is finished. I AM relieved.

Comments