According to Rob Stryker, founder of ParaYoga, “'By definition, a sankalpa should honor the deeper meaning of our life. A sankalpa speaks to the larger arc of our lives, our dharma—our overriding purpose for being here.' The sankalpa becomes a statement you can call upon to remind you of your true nature and guide your choices."
I did more research today about Sankalpa, but today I was looking for something that allowed me to be who I (really ) AM. Yesterday, I painted my nails with the color "I'm Suzi, and I'm a chocholic." Since OPI has wonderful names, reading the names helps me decide on the color. Basically, like Suzi, I am a chocoholic. Actually, I am a sweetaholic. Most of my calories in a day come from sweets. It's a good thing those fruits and vegetables don't take up a lot of calories, so I can have more sweets. In fact, I often workout more, so I can have more sweets. As I've been posting about sankalpa many of my posts have had to deal with figuring out I am someone who likes to work out, but what is the truth is I am someone who likes to workout to eat more sweets. Maybe I need to remind myself of my "true nature and guide your (my) choices." In fact, my "overriding purpose" may be to consume vast quantities of sweets. Who really knows? I'll keep thinking about it.
Comments