![]() |
| cokesbury.com |
I'm on the adult nurture committee at my church which is a bit interesting since I rarely attend the classes we plan and talk about. Occasionally I will join a writing class or meditation class, but I basically show up at the monthly meetings and share my ideas about classes and events I don't attend. Last Sunday we met to talk about the upcoming Lenten season. We talked a lot about prayer and how it fits the Lenten theme (which I think has to do with breathe?). I talked about having something that was more creative and kinesthetic. Of course I also expressed once again that I wanted another devotion like we had a couple of years ago that we could color. S mentioned that she had a book called Praying in Color that might fit the creative and kinesthetic functions. At the end of the meeting, I asked if there was anything we could do. Honestly, I think I was merely trying to be supportive and wasn't suggesting that I wanted to do anything. Of course S thought it would be wonderful if I would take a look at the book and see what I thought.
I think that...
1) I should learn to keep my mouth shut.
2) I could maybe teach this Praying in Color class, but I would like someone else to do it.
3) The Moment in Time papers are going to take two long weekends. I have one class graded and four to go. It took three hours to grade the one class.
4) S will be happy tomorrow when I can say that I have read the book and like the idea.
5) I'm going to suggest that A and J teach the class.
6) My Lenten practice this year might be Praying in Color.
7) I chose to read this book instead of correcting another class because I don't want to spend anymore time on school work.
8) I should put the book by the door, so I don't forget it in the morning.

Comments
though I really don't want to have part in the next steps.
I listened to Seth Goldin talk on Krista Tippett's show
this morning. Interesting guy.