This evening the Minnesota Writing Project Meet-Up was at the Walker Art Museum. Although our group was small we didn't necessarily know each other. The Minnesota Writing Project brought us together. I'm not officially part of the writing project because I've never done the full month although they still let me hang out. After our museum tour, we gathered at the restaurant inside the museum for an adult refreshment. While we conversed, a connection was made. I met (or re-met) the lady I hung out with this summer during Joe Biden's visit. Both of us had individually rode our bikes into the event and met while waiting in line. We were both alone and started conversing. Tonight after being together for the tour and part of Happy Hour, P recognized me. It seems as though she was trying to figure out where she knew me from, and I had been doing the same. Finally, she ascertained our connection, "We stood together while Joe Biden was here this summer." Yep, suddenly, I remembered how I knew here and some of our conversations... small world.
This evening the Minnesota Writing Project Meet-Up was at the Walker Art Museum. Although our group was small we didn't necessarily know each other. The Minnesota Writing Project brought us together. I'm not officially part of the writing project because I've never done the full month although they still let me hang out. After our museum tour, we gathered at the restaurant inside the museum for an adult refreshment. While we conversed, a connection was made. I met (or re-met) the lady I hung out with this summer during Joe Biden's visit. Both of us had individually rode our bikes into the event and met while waiting in line. We were both alone and started conversing. Tonight after being together for the tour and part of Happy Hour, P recognized me. It seems as though she was trying to figure out where she knew me from, and I had been doing the same. Finally, she ascertained our connection, "We stood together while Joe Biden was here this summer." Yep, suddenly, I remembered how I knew here and some of our conversations... small world.

Comments
The meet-up is a place for teachers to get together outside of school. We've done a bar and art museums. Next month we're meeting at a science museum.