A couple of days ago when I checked in at the YWCA with my card (25 times in January win a prize), the guy behind the desk said, "You're almost there." I asked about the prize. Although I don't remember his exact words, he reminded me that they were a non-profit. Honestly, I appreciate and embrace the non-profit status, but it helped me to realize the my prize probably wouldn't be a million dollars as another desk attendee had told me a week ago. The mixed messages did not keep me from making sure I made my twenty-five visits. Tonight was my twenty-fifth visit to the gym. I handed my card to the attendee and asked for my million dollars. Mr. Tattoo (This super nice guy even has tattoos all over his head.) told me I could exchange my card for a water bottle at the back desk. Even though I was a bit disappointed in my prize, I had noticed more water bottles around, so I had a feeling it would be my prize. When I received my water bottle, I thanked the giver and said the real prize was working out consistently. Maybe next time they have a contest, I'll suggest giving away t-shirts because I would have totally excited if my prize had been a t-shirt.
A couple of days ago when I checked in at the YWCA with my card (25 times in January win a prize), the guy behind the desk said, "You're almost there." I asked about the prize. Although I don't remember his exact words, he reminded me that they were a non-profit. Honestly, I appreciate and embrace the non-profit status, but it helped me to realize the my prize probably wouldn't be a million dollars as another desk attendee had told me a week ago. The mixed messages did not keep me from making sure I made my twenty-five visits. Tonight was my twenty-fifth visit to the gym. I handed my card to the attendee and asked for my million dollars. Mr. Tattoo (This super nice guy even has tattoos all over his head.) told me I could exchange my card for a water bottle at the back desk. Even though I was a bit disappointed in my prize, I had noticed more water bottles around, so I had a feeling it would be my prize. When I received my water bottle, I thanked the giver and said the real prize was working out consistently. Maybe next time they have a contest, I'll suggest giving away t-shirts because I would have totally excited if my prize had been a t-shirt.
Comments
I'm a water bottle collector, so this would have been a prize of a lifetime for me.