 |
| Journey of the Magi ~ James Tissot |
Many people take down their decorations today on Epiphany. In the Christian church Epiphany is the day we tell the story of the three magi (wisemen/kings) visited the baby Jesus. Basically they followed the star and brought the baby gifts. Herod used them to get information of about the baby, but when they arrived the had a dream that Herod was bad news and did not return to him. In church today we celebrated Epiphany with the story and images. As we were reminded of the story, we were asked to think about it in three ways: signs, wondering/wanderings and awakenings. The magi were not alone; they traveled together. It seems this is also fitting of the Sankalpa Blog Challenge. We are in it together looking for signs, wondering with a bit of wandering, and awakening.
Epiphany = Sankalpa
The image for today's blog was one shown today in church. I recognized it from my last trip to the Minneapolis Institute of the Arts. As we looked at this picture, the docent asked us where we would be in the picture. I said I'd be the guy on the side of the camel getting ready to fall and/or jump off the camel. We were also asked if they were coming or going. I think they're coming because they're too "put together" to be on the end of their journey.
Comments