The last time I posted was on Sunday. Sunday was the first day of my "sick leave". Many refer to this time as Winter Break or Christmas Break, but for me it's been sick leave. My headache and fever gave me a bit of a scare on Sunday, so I headed for the doctor on Monday. After doing several tests I was sent home with a cough syrup prescription and told it was a virus (not antibiotic would help). On Monday (Christmas Eve) I started feeling sorry for myself because I was missing church and festivities with friends, so I posted to Facebook:
Don't feel sorry for me because I'm sick. Feel sorry for me because the lady at the grocery store told me how to make my own soup instead of showing me the frozen soups.
Don't feel sorry for me because I'm sick. Feel sorry for those who will now miss out on my humor and wit.
Don't feel sorry for me because I'm sick. Feel sorry for me because the cat won't share the blanket.
Tuesday's plans also had to be canceled because I could not fight the fever. As soon as the Tylenol wore off, the fever spiked. Plus, I really felt miserable. When Wednesday came, I was still having issues with headache, fever, sore throat (yet sexy voice?), and additional coughing fits (even with syrup). Wednesday evening brought relief of the fever, and I vowed to make the best of my remaining break. Do you know where this is going?
Thursday morning I went to the gym to attend a BodyPump class. My guess is all in attendance were overjoyed by my musical cough and wheezing. I wiped down my bar and weights, exhausted but thrilled to be out of the house. Today I made it a good twenty-five minutes on the elliptical before the cough sent me running for my jacket. My vacation is not what I expected. At least with my headache a bit under control, I've been able to read for the last two days. Tomorrow I will once again attempt the gym and hope that I can enjoy the remaining four days of break (sick leave). Who's counting.

Comments