Beannacht
("Blessing")
On the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.
And when your eyes
freeze behind
the grey window
and the ghost of loss
gets in to you,
may a flock of colours,
indigo, red, green,
and azure blue
come to awaken in you
a meadow of delight.
freeze behind
the grey window
and the ghost of loss
gets in to you,
may a flock of colours,
indigo, red, green,
and azure blue
come to awaken in you
a meadow of delight.
When the canvas frays
in the currach of thought
and a stain of ocean
blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters
a path of yellow moonlight
to bring you safely home.
in the currach of thought
and a stain of ocean
blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters
a path of yellow moonlight
to bring you safely home.
May the nourishment of the
earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.
And so may a slow
wind work these words
of love around you,
an invisible cloak
to mind your life.
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.
And so may a slow
wind work these words
of love around you,
an invisible cloak
to mind your life.
~ John O'Donohue ~
Yesterday I bought two dresses and a turtle neck (to go with one of the dresses). When I bought them I knew it was not keeping in Sankalpa, but they were only $12 each. I wanted them because they were cheap and cute. Of course, I did not try them on because I am not really a shopper. In fact, I hate shopping; it's not me. Oops! This also goes against Sankalpa (not I want, but I am...). Both of the dresses were a bit short, so today I took them back. I believe this follows Sankalpa. Whew!
Today in church we celebrated the thirtieth anniversary of a couple that was married thirty years ago today on December 30th. I love them both and felt honored to be part of the reclaiming (my words not theirs) of their vows. We talked about covenants vs. resolutions. Instead of losing weight because it's a resolution, perhaps a better way to look at it as to lose weight as a covenant because our body is a sacred place. Making resolutions is hollow while making covenants is solid. Plus, we make these covenants because the Sacred moves through us. I still have some figuring out of Sankalpa, but this seems to fit. During the service, I was trying to reconcile Sankalpa (capitalized or not?) with covenants by looking up information on my phone. One source (can't site, don't remember) said Sankalpa is the "resolve to evolve." Ahhh... I think there is a connection between the covenant and Sankalpa. What do you think?
Comments
But maybe not.