This sankalpa belief seems difficult, so I'm continuing to use the interweb to find the essence of Sankalpa. According to one site, "Stryker explains that kalpa means vow, or 'the rule to be followed above all other rules.' San, he says, refers to a connection with the highest truth. Sankalpa, then, is a vow and commitment we make to support our highest truth." Basically, it seems that I need to find my inner purpose, I am, instead of my outer purpose, I want. Allowing who I am to guide my choices not what I want. I'm not sure that I can truly wrap my mind around this process. One thing I need to do is slow down and feel what is important to me. Since I've been recovering from "the illness", I have had some time to slow down, perhaps a good step toward sankalpa.
According to One Woman and A Little Leeway, one aspect of sankalpa is letting go. I love Christmas decorations and the joy they bring, but Christmas is over. It's time to let go of Christmas and its decorations. Today I let go and put the decorations away.
Comments
I'm also learning about Sankalpa. I like what I'm reading so far.
Happy New Year, MM