Landfill Harmonic film teaser from Landfill Harmonic on Vimeo.
I didn't think I should post of tragedy without posting some joy.
I didn't think I should post of tragedy without posting some joy.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world." - Mr. Rogers
Since I was in the computer lab today helping students with their writing, I was disconnected from what was happening in Connecticut. I did know it happened because of an e-mail, but I didn't know the specifics. After school I was in the hall with other staff members talking while I was looking at my phone. I saw a news briefing about the shooter and the number dead. "How does anyone shoot kids?" I questioned. At that moment, I made the decision not to watch the news, but when I went the the gym, I could not help but watch the news as I was on the elliptical. Maybe it's morbid and messed up, but I was looking for answers to what happened. When I saw President Obama, I teared up as he did.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments