Today is the Fourth Sunday of Advent. It is also known as "Mary Sunday". I realize it's not meant for me, but it seems in bad taste that I have an extremely high temperature and horrific headache on Mary's Sunday. It seems I shouldn't have gone to church, but as usual I appreciated the service. For communion we sang the words (Tableprayer: The Winter Name of God) instead of listening to the communion words. Well, some people sang, and I listened. My favorite part was "Abba of Jesus, our God in heaven, give us this day the bread we need to live. Do not remember our sins against you, forgive us all as we ourselves learn to forgive. Abba of Jesus, save us from trial and keep your people far from evil ways. Yours is the kingdom, the pow'r, the glory through end-less days." We also ended the service by singing Let it Be because Mary said, "Yes, let it be." This Mary does not say yes, let it be. This Mary says, "I don't want to be sick anymore."
Today is the Fourth Sunday of Advent. It is also known as "Mary Sunday". I realize it's not meant for me, but it seems in bad taste that I have an extremely high temperature and horrific headache on Mary's Sunday. It seems I shouldn't have gone to church, but as usual I appreciated the service. For communion we sang the words (Tableprayer: The Winter Name of God) instead of listening to the communion words. Well, some people sang, and I listened. My favorite part was "Abba of Jesus, our God in heaven, give us this day the bread we need to live. Do not remember our sins against you, forgive us all as we ourselves learn to forgive. Abba of Jesus, save us from trial and keep your people far from evil ways. Yours is the kingdom, the pow'r, the glory through end-less days." We also ended the service by singing Let it Be because Mary said, "Yes, let it be." This Mary does not say yes, let it be. This Mary says, "I don't want to be sick anymore."


Comments