"Don't You Worry Child" by Swedish House Mafia
Those days are gone, now the memories are on the wall
I hear the songs from the places where I was born
Up on the hill across the blue lake,
That's where I had my first heartbreak
I still remember how it all changed
My father said,
"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child
See heaven's got a plan for you
Don't you worry, don't you worry now"
Driving home, to Iowa, last night I listened to the radio. Since I had to change stations a couple of times, this song came up several times. It's part of my December mix and has a lot of radio play, but I haven't tired of it (yet). I grew up in an area of lakes, so I think it's fitting ("up on a the hill across the blue lake; that's where I had my first heartbreak"). This morning, in this are of lakes, the sunrise was incredible as I returned from the gym, so I stopped for a picture. Taking sunrise pictures seems to be more difficult than taking sunset pictures (and I'm not speaking of the time of day), but this one seemed to turn out OK. Actually the day itself (although it's early afternoon) has also proved to be OK (waaay better) since I have been able to hang out with friends from the place "where I had my first heartbreak".

Comments