The county road that leads to my dad's house has crazy speed limits. Plus, the road is well patrolled. I always warn people to drive the speed limit on this road because I have been stopped by the police on this road. As I returned from the gym this morning, I was stopped once again. Waiting for the police to run my license and insurance, or whatever he was doing as he was taking his time, I noticed an opportunity for a beautiful picture of this tree and the sunrise. Although I knew it was probably a bad idea, I stepped out of my car with my phone and took the picture. When the officer returned with my "verbal warning", he told me that I should never get out of my car on a traffic stop because it makes the officer nervous. Of course, I apologized for getting out of the car, refrained from telling him that I was afraid I would miss the picture because sunrise is fleeting, and resisted showing him the picture on my phone. Great FALL picture, huh?!
The county road that leads to my dad's house has crazy speed limits. Plus, the road is well patrolled. I always warn people to drive the speed limit on this road because I have been stopped by the police on this road. As I returned from the gym this morning, I was stopped once again. Waiting for the police to run my license and insurance, or whatever he was doing as he was taking his time, I noticed an opportunity for a beautiful picture of this tree and the sunrise. Although I knew it was probably a bad idea, I stepped out of my car with my phone and took the picture. When the officer returned with my "verbal warning", he told me that I should never get out of my car on a traffic stop because it makes the officer nervous. Of course, I apologized for getting out of the car, refrained from telling him that I was afraid I would miss the picture because sunrise is fleeting, and resisted showing him the picture on my phone. Great FALL picture, huh?!
Comments