A Murder of One by The Counting Crows
"There's a bird that nests inside you
Sleeping underneath your skin
When you open up your wings to speak
I wish you'd let me in"
He also shared this wonderful poem by Mary Oliver.
Meadowlark, when you sing it’s as if
You lay your yellow breast upon mine and say
Hello, hello, and are we not
Of one family, in our delight of life?
You sing, I listen.
Both are necessary
If the world is to continue going around
Night-heavy then light –laden, though not
Everyone knows this or at least
Not yet,
Or, perhaps, has forgotten it
In the torn fields,
In the terrible debris of progress
When he was finished, we also were asked, "How a I engaging in a generous life?" Of course, we were asked to pledge to the church's operating budget and reminded of the importance of our contribution, but it was done with kindness (void of lecture). Each year as we bring our pledges forward, we sing Pennies from Heaven. "That's what storms were mad for; And you shouldn't be afraid for; Every time it rains it rains; Pennies from Heaven..."
Comments