I love this fall back stuff. When I weighed this morning, my weight fell back another pound (26.5 lbs. lost... .5 to go). My bike ride before church did not require a bike light. Although I didn't necessarily get an extra hour of sleep, I like the idea. Plus, when I thought I had forgotten my money (It was in my car.), the lady at Caribou was going to give me a free drink (I brought the money in and tipped her a dollar.). People seem a bit nicer when the have the opportunity for another hour of sleep. Fall back, however, isn't something I can tolerate in my politics. A lady at church asked me if I was going to be at book club on Wednesday. "If I'm not home sobbing hysterically," I answered. She told me I needed to think more positively. "Honestly, I'm trying to protect my heart, " I rationalized. "If I don't think too positively, it won't be completely shattered on Wednesday."
A man at church is traveling to Dublin to watch a rugby game (big, championship, team I recognize from Invictus..."). He asked for prayers for the outcome of the game. When I greeted him, I asked why he didn't ask for traveling mercies. After we exchanged pleasantries, I said, "but when are you going to vote?" His look was of disappointment. "Of course, I'm going to vote on Tuesday. We leave after we vote!"
My high school friend and hair stylist voted early in Iowa because she has to work on Tuesday. Her husband votes against my views and hers. He's out of town hunting this weekend. Typically when he comes back he's sick from the "hunting lifestyle". I told her I was going to pray that he was too sick to vote. "Tell Brad I'll be praying for him," I commented with pleasure. Yep, I'll really be praying that he isn't able to vote. God works in mysterious ways!
"Sometimes our living gets dark and lonesome,
It seems like there's nothing we can do.
So we reach out to each other, and raise a song together,
And let our voices carry us through.
"We are singing through the hard times,
Singing through the hard time;
Working for the good times to come.
We are singing through the hard times,
Singing through the hard times;
Working for the good times to come."
We sang this in church. Lately, the political ads and comments have made life difficult. I feel stressed out about this election, more so than four years ago. Together we can make it through these hard times.

Comments