| Paul Wellstone Memorial |
"Politics is about the improvement of people's lives. It's about advancing the cause of peace and justice in our country and the world. Politics is about doing well for the people."
~Paul Wellstone
Today marks the tenth anniversary of Paul Wellstone's passing. It's one of those events that I remember. I remember the sadness knowing that a great individual (perhaps "one of a kind") had been lost. I remember hoping that his mission would not be thwarted. I remember wondering who would be able to be as strong, hopeful and determined to do right (or left) by people. I also remember later walking around the Wellstone Memorial teary eyed. We need more politicians like Paul Wellstone. This evening I met with a group of teachers (MWP, Minnesota Writing Project, Monthly Meet-UP), and we reflected on Paul Wellstone and how this quote fit teaching as well as politics.
Comments