![]() |
| Sometimes I feel like the bright red in a forest of green. |
If only I could articulate my position better, I think I would be a more peaceful person. The truth is I can't articulate when I'm upset especially if it's at work, and I'm dealing with people who I find incompetent (have I mentioned my assistant principal?) and misled. Today I literally spent my entire lunch hour trying to fix an inconsistency (problem) caused by a group of people yesterday. Without explaining the details, I explained the problem to an administrator then watched her tell half-truths (if not lies) to cover up the problem and keep it as she had originally planned. In all fairness, it was a committee of people who caused the inconsistency by throwing it together at the last minute. To explain it in its simplest terms when I told my fellow colleague (reading PLC teacher) what they were going to do with the reading strategy (being presented to the entire staff), she said, "That's not best practices." Nope, that's not best practices. Although I did my best to remedy the situation, it only caused me to use expletives and to become even more frustrated. The good news is that I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning when they're presenting, so it will alleviate more stress and expletive sharing on my part. This is good since I, obviously, don't have the ability to articulate my position in a calm and coherent manner.

Comments