LH has decided that we need 75 entries for this blog challenge. After doing the math, I think this may be a bit overzealous, but I will do my best. As far as I can tell, the official start date was September 27th. This would be my fifth entry leaving 70 entries to make the goal. With 31 days in October, 30 days in November, and 20 days in December before the official start of winter on December 21st, it is possible although not probable. Once a week my entry needs to be officially about autumn although I think an autumn picture will certainly count. How's that for using math?
Last night a message was sent to all of the teachers in my building. It was reminiscent of the message we received a little over a year ago when a sixth grader committed suicide. In last night's message no real information was given except that there would be a 7am staff meeting this morning and something about a community incident (don't remember exact words). Since the message sounded like horrible news, I started to text people to find out what was going on. After an hour of texting, the information was incomplete yet satisfactory. A sixth grader was in stable condition after a gun shot wound. Her cousin is also a student (seventh grader) at our school. The information was attainable since teachers of either of these students were given more information that the message left to all. It took awhile, but I was able to find (and share) information. This morning we were given about the same information. Actually, I left the meeting thinking I knew the same amount of information before going to bed as I did after the meeting. According to this mornings meeting, they're not sure if it was gunshot, but she does have a projectile lodged in her neck. Who knows the real story... the district and the police aren't talking which is probably a good thing since there's an ongoing investigation. At least the kids weren't obsessed with it. Many probably didn't even know. Of course, I'm glad that I'm not an administrator, but I think I might have handled the incident differently. I do know that I was not the only one that had a difficult night.
Comments