Tonight I attended an event at the Third Place Gallery. Patrick Castillo and Karen Kim performed an "interactive, aleatoric work for violin and live electronics takes its form from competitive board games, in which a set of pre-determined rules, the actions of each player, and their consequences govern the choices each player is allowed to make." Yep, I was "out of my league". A local artist also performed spoken word which I could appreciate a bit more. As Castillo and Kim were talking, they mentioned John Cage. Thanks to my brother and a link to my Facebook page, I actually knew John Cage and his piece 4'33" for Piano. Thanks to Blogger and Youtube you also now know about John Cage if you did not already contain this knowledge. Enjoy the video, and don't worry, your there's nothing wrong with the video. Google John Gage for further information.
Tonight I attended an event at the Third Place Gallery. Patrick Castillo and Karen Kim performed an "interactive, aleatoric work for violin and live electronics takes its form from competitive board games, in which a set of pre-determined rules, the actions of each player, and their consequences govern the choices each player is allowed to make." Yep, I was "out of my league". A local artist also performed spoken word which I could appreciate a bit more. As Castillo and Kim were talking, they mentioned John Cage. Thanks to my brother and a link to my Facebook page, I actually knew John Cage and his piece 4'33" for Piano. Thanks to Blogger and Youtube you also now know about John Cage if you did not already contain this knowledge. Enjoy the video, and don't worry, your there's nothing wrong with the video. Google John Gage for further information.
Comments