Today I finished one of the three young adult books I had left on my pile. Towards the beginning of the book I found this sticky note used as a bookmark. I appreciated the attempt to hold the correct location while feeling saddened by the spelling. Actually, I'm not a freak about spelling because I believe it is more important to teach our kids how to use spell check than it is to teach them spelling. Actually, maybe teaching them how to use spell check is teaching them spelling. This may sound lame coming from a language arts teacher, but it's my belief. When I type stoped, a red line tells me I'm wrong, and I can try again... stopped... perfect. Spelling lesson done.
Two is the magic number. I have two young adult books left in my summer reading pile and two days until school officially begins with students. Last week without students was tiring, so my guess is next week will be exhausting. At least teaching students is more delightful than sitting in meetings and dealing with adults.
Comments