To Autumn by William Blake
O Autumn, laden with fruit, and stain’d
With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit
Beneath my shady roof; there thou may’st rest,
And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe,
And all the daughters of the year shall dance!
Sing now the lusty song of fruits and flowers.
“The narrow bud opens her beauties to
The sun, and love runs in her thrilling veins;
Blossoms hang round the brows of Morning, and
Flourish down the bright cheek of modest Eve,
Till clust’ring Summer breaks forth into singing,
And feather’d clouds strew flowers round her head.
“The spirits of the air live in the smells
Of fruit; and Joy, with pinions light, roves round
The gardens, or sits singing in the trees.”
Thus sang the jolly Autumn as he sat,
Then rose, girded himself, and o’er the bleak
Hills fled from our sight; but left his golden load.
It seems fall started this morning around nine o'clock. My morning started by purchasing apples and fall raspberries at the Midtown Farmers' Market. The air was frigid. I've actually been contemplating turning on my heat all day. Since I've used the day to do some cleaning and chores, I've been moving around enough to stay warm. I even took the golf clubs out of the back of my car and put in the emergency winter boots and clothes. Fall is officially here, so I retrieved the Halloween and fall decorations out of storage. Plus, I greeted fall by changing the screen to the storm on my deck door. Another chore, of which I'm proud, was changing a deadbolt. Thanks to Minneapolis Lock and Key I was able to change my deadbolt successfully. The young man who helped me was very knowledgeable and helpful. As I was in the process, Kitty Klaus took the opportunity to be naughty and sneak out on the deck. Of course he didn't want to stay out in the cold, so I let him investigate. Although my house is officially ready for fall, I'm not quite sure.
Comments