"But those dreams had tumbled down the stairs, and M had no intention of picking them up again--ever." Tinfoil Sky by Cyndi Sand-Eveland
In order to prepare myself for the reality of going back to school, I attended a technology training session today. It was entitled Web Presence. To be honest, I really wanted to attend the Web Presents seminar, but it wasn't offered. Although there were no presents, it reminded me of the difficulty of being a teacher. The class was made up of teachers, but we all were at different levels. While I was annoyed because he was talking to much, and I was ready to move on, another teacher was two steps behind. Teaching is difficult. While the "teacher" did a good job because everyone walked away with a website made from the beginnings and not a template, all of the students were not "happy". Perhaps, I learned something today about more than creating a web presence. It is important to make sure everyone in the class learns and leaves with increased knowledge. Initially, some students will be a bit annoyed, and some students will be lost. The trick is to make sure everyone walks out with the knowledge they need. It's a process.
I did receive presents today. Tinfoil Sky arrived in my mailbox. It's another YA book that brought tears to my eyes. Now, I will use my web presence to blog about the book on the VVM book blog.
Comments
I like your thoughts about the web class. I attended a brief garage band thing recently and we were all over the place. I would have preferred one on one tutoring, but it really wasn't available.