Although many think of Sunday as the sabbath, for the last couple of weeks I've used Saturday as sabbath, my day of rest. Each Saturday I start with a trip to the Midtown Farmers' Market. Typically I love to walk around and browse while listening and watching people as much as I love to purchase fresh produce. Throughout the week I am able to feast on the produce, as well as meat and cheese, the local farmers have sold to me at a fair price. I follow the farmers' market with a day of leisure and reading. Today was no different.
My goal was to tackle Prince of Dorkness, but I thought of that as school work, so I finished a sweet and funny read, Saving CeeCee Honeycut. I figure the farmers' market followed by breakfast with a friend, and light reading makes for the perfect day of rest, sabbath.
Comments