Purchasing running shoes (athletic shoes) is difficult for me since I have a big and narrow foot (10AA). Typically I can get one style of Asics that fit and are comfortable. For awhile I was buying shoes online and sticking with the Asic shoe, but it typically came in one color (blue). Last year I decided to go back to Scheels in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. For some reason, they seem to have more shoes than other Scheels. Even if they don't have more shoes, their shoe people are certainly more helpful and knowledgeable. When I went last year, they actually had two different styles in my size; plus the staff member showed me another Asic shoe that typically ran narrow. It seems like no big deal to find shoes that fit, but for me it's huge (and I'm not only talking about the size of my foot). This year when I went in I was certain I would be able to buy two pairs of shoes. Unfortunately, they had no Asics in my size. Actually, they had no 10AA. As I would expect, the salesperson was able to help me find a pair that fit (Mizuno... for some reason when I think Mizuno, I think volleyball... IDK.). Of course, the helpful shoe girl also checked to see why they didn't have my size. It seems the shoes are on order, and if I call back in a week or two, they could put them on hold for me. I love the Sioux Falls shoe store.
My trip to buy shoes did not go without disappointment. I've been noticing the brightness of the Olympic runners' shoes. Certainly, if I only had bright shoes (that fit), I could be an Olympic runner. With this in mind I tried on a pair of multi-colored (bright) Asics. They more expensive than I had hoped, and my heel slides out of the back. It seems my dreams of an Olympic medal in running have been crushed.

Comments