The next Blue Moon will be August 31st. My calculations say it's about nine days. After a day of mentoring my new dyad partner, I figured waiting nine days for a Blue Moon was too long. I'm not saying that working with my new dyad partner was the reason for my 3:30 cocktail, but I am saying being back in the educational realm is reason to drink (celebratory or otherwise). The reality is that a full day of work is taxing and stressful when it initiates the new year. Although I promised my new mentee that we would have time to work in our rooms, the reality is that there was a lot to cover and room time was minimal. After having one too many Blue Moons with a couple of present colleagues, I had dinner with former colleagues. Visiting about life was enjoyable. When the topic of school approached, I felt a bit stressed. It's good to remember that a little stress is natural, but I can't stress myself out about things that are out of my control. To my stolen motto (Stay calm. Move Forward) I am going to add exercise frequently and enjoy the Blue Moon.
The next Blue Moon will be August 31st. My calculations say it's about nine days. After a day of mentoring my new dyad partner, I figured waiting nine days for a Blue Moon was too long. I'm not saying that working with my new dyad partner was the reason for my 3:30 cocktail, but I am saying being back in the educational realm is reason to drink (celebratory or otherwise). The reality is that a full day of work is taxing and stressful when it initiates the new year. Although I promised my new mentee that we would have time to work in our rooms, the reality is that there was a lot to cover and room time was minimal. After having one too many Blue Moons with a couple of present colleagues, I had dinner with former colleagues. Visiting about life was enjoyable. When the topic of school approached, I felt a bit stressed. It's good to remember that a little stress is natural, but I can't stress myself out about things that are out of my control. To my stolen motto (Stay calm. Move Forward) I am going to add exercise frequently and enjoy the Blue Moon.

Comments