Although I have gone back to work, I have continued my morning bike rides. Instead of leaving at 7:00am, I am leaving earlier. This means it's dark out when I depart. Depending on when I have needed to be at work this week, I have left between 5:30am and 6:00am. The 6:00am ride is not horrible because of twilight (? term for the light before actual sunrise). The 5:30am ride is fairly miserable since it's really dark. Even though there are some lights on the Greenway, it's REALLY dark. On Tuesday I was on the trail at 5:30am, and there was an insane number of bikers pedaling the same route. All of them had lights, but only one yelled, "Get a bike light." Of course, I knew I needed a bike light and looked into purchasing one on Sunday when I figured out the darkness of my morning ride. Since REI didn't have the one I wanted (less expensive, charges with USB port, three settings) in store, I ordered it online. I still made my morning route, but I did it in the dark. My new bike light was due to arrive tomorrow, but it came today. When I arrive on the trail at 5:30am tomorrow, I will have a bike light. Now I need to figure out do I use the blinking light or the steady light. It doesn't matter; I will be a safe biker. Maybe I should even purchase that red light for the back of my bike.
Although I have gone back to work, I have continued my morning bike rides. Instead of leaving at 7:00am, I am leaving earlier. This means it's dark out when I depart. Depending on when I have needed to be at work this week, I have left between 5:30am and 6:00am. The 6:00am ride is not horrible because of twilight (? term for the light before actual sunrise). The 5:30am ride is fairly miserable since it's really dark. Even though there are some lights on the Greenway, it's REALLY dark. On Tuesday I was on the trail at 5:30am, and there was an insane number of bikers pedaling the same route. All of them had lights, but only one yelled, "Get a bike light." Of course, I knew I needed a bike light and looked into purchasing one on Sunday when I figured out the darkness of my morning ride. Since REI didn't have the one I wanted (less expensive, charges with USB port, three settings) in store, I ordered it online. I still made my morning route, but I did it in the dark. My new bike light was due to arrive tomorrow, but it came today. When I arrive on the trail at 5:30am tomorrow, I will have a bike light. Now I need to figure out do I use the blinking light or the steady light. It doesn't matter; I will be a safe biker. Maybe I should even purchase that red light for the back of my bike.
Comments