Today I had to take my trip to Africa off the calendar. Although I was a bit concerned about staying sane during the plane ride, I was really excited about the opportunity to help kids in Africa and, of course, see Africa and go on safari. Even though I've known for several days that cancellation was possible, I was holding out for another opportunity. It looks like it will need to be next year. I was going on the trip with a group called Hope Haven (the group I went to Guatemala with last summer). They make wheelchairs in South Dakota. We fit the children with these wheelchairs. Wheelchairs are delivered to the countries with the help of the Navy. The ship with the wheelchairs was sent back to sea because of terrorist activity and won't be able to continue until November or December.
Today I had to take my trip to Africa off the calendar. Although I was a bit concerned about staying sane during the plane ride, I was really excited about the opportunity to help kids in Africa and, of course, see Africa and go on safari. Even though I've known for several days that cancellation was possible, I was holding out for another opportunity. It looks like it will need to be next year. I was going on the trip with a group called Hope Haven (the group I went to Guatemala with last summer). They make wheelchairs in South Dakota. We fit the children with these wheelchairs. Wheelchairs are delivered to the countries with the help of the Navy. The ship with the wheelchairs was sent back to sea because of terrorist activity and won't be able to continue until November or December.
Comments